Oy. Where did May go? My schedule has been crazy. Between work, planning Mister’s birthday party and sewing a quilt (reveal to come!) I am a little exhausted. I’m proud that we have managed to eat healthy during this busy time. “I don’t want to cook,” might as well be a cloud floating above my head on any given day, but Mister needs a balanced diet and focusing on his food choices keeps us honest.
I fell in love with this recipe about 10 years ago in when I lived in South Carolina. Seafood is amazing on the East coast and it’s not too bad here in Seattle, either. Not only is this meal super healthy, it’s also delicious and filling.
For the salmon:
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on low/medium.
- Melt 2 tbsp. of butter with 1 tbsp. lemon juice in the pan (swish it around).
- Dry the salmon and coat with salt, pepper and crushed dill on both sides.
- Place the salmon in the pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side, moving the filets slightly to ensure that they don’t stick. Remove from the pan and allow to rest 3-5 minutes.
For the asparagus:
- While the salmon is cooking, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and prepare the asparagus by chopping off the bottom stems, about 2 inches from the base.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place the asparagus on the sheet and toss in 1 tbsp of flavored olive oil (I use basil and garlic).
- Crack sea salt and ground pepper over the asparagus.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can use a gas flame broiler to char the stalks by broiling for 7 minutes.
Voila! An easy, guilt-free meal in 15 minutes. I’ll take it.