I can’t believe the holiday season is here again! Litter Mister isn’t so little anymore, and I’m afraid my baby can now be described as a toddler (waaaahhhh). I’m not crazy about how fast he’s growing up, but Christmas shopping for a growing boy has been a blast.
You couldn’t drag me to a store on Black Friday to fight the crowds, and the Gilmore Girls reboot goes live on Netflix anyway (wohoo!) so I’m sticking to online shopping this year. Almost everything I’m buying is on Amazon with the exception of two gifts from The Land of Nod, an adorable children’s store that I can’t get enough of. Here we go!
- Peanuts Snow Globe: Mister is currently obsessed with snow globes and Charlie Brown movies. This stuffer is bound bring the psychoses together nicely. It’s musical and will remind us of the year he dressed up as Mr. Brown for Halloween.
- Giant Balloon: Remember running around the house with one of these indestructible balloons? The Land of Nod carries old-school toys in addition to their original items, and I couldn’t pass up this little gift of nostalgia.
- Sticker Books: Sure, I may be peeling tomcats off my hardwood floor, but hey, the kid loves stickers.
- Coat Hooks: We take our coats and shoes off as we come in the door, and Mister enjoys putting things away on his own. We’ll install these hooks at his height to keep the good habits rolling!
- Broom, Mop and Duster Set: Believe me when I say that my little weirdo will go nuts for this toy. He LOVES sweeping up and his own little collection of cleaning supplies will tickle him. Go figure.
- Tool, Saw and Drill Set: For all the DIY we do around here, it’s no surprise that Mister is transfixed by power tools. Now he can help Dad work around the house (and install those coat hooks in his stocking!)
- Trampoline: The day Mister learned to jump on the bed was the day I stopped needing coffee. This little trampoline lowers the injury quotient a bit and will help us burn off some energy during a rainy Seattle winter.
- “Where Is Baby’s Belly Button?”: Is there anything cuter than a toddler pointing out body parts? We’re into the stage of naming things and I couldn’t resist this book.
- “The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs!”: There are two sides to every story. This book was one of my favorites as a kid. The illustrations are beautiful and it’s a unique twist on a well-known story.
- “Moo, Baa, La La La!”: We love Sandra Boynton’s work. The Pookie series is fun to read, so I imagine this book will be just as entertaining!
A New Ride
We love long walks in nice weather and this 4-in-1 tricycle comes with stroller handles and a harness before converting into a stand-alone trike.
Every kid remembers that one gift they wanted so badly and were so thrilled to receive. While Mister can’t give us his list yet, I have a feeling this treehouse from The Land of Nod will be his favorite. It’s so flippin’ adorable and perfect for kids who are just learning to pretend and repeat their animal noises.
I hope you found some shopping inspiration before Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Happy Holidays!
(Note: This post contains affiliate links. All recommendations are 100% my own.)